Parker Industrial MPW-1000 High Pressure Multi-Purpose Hose - Series 7204
|Parker Industrial ||Water (Suction and Discharge) |Click to view a full size photo
|Application:||MPW-1000® High Pressure Wire Braid Multipurpose Hose|
- Air, mild chemicals, oil, water; hot asphalt, glue, oil, tar and wax; steam; biodiesel (to B20 in dedicated and non-dedicated service), diesel, ethanol, gasoline
- High pressure washdown; cleaning containment vessels and manufacturing equipment; cleaning and heating processing equipment
- General industrial, manufacturing and processing plants, refineries
Series 7204 is an extremely versatile hose designed to handle air, mild chemicals, oil, refined fuels such as biodiesel (to B20 in dedicated and non-dedicated service), diesel, ethanol and gasoline, saturated steam and water. The hose construction incorporates a premium grade tube especially suited for high temperature materials such as hot asphalt, glue, oil, tar and wax to 300°F continuous/350°F inter mittent (149°C/177°C). The high tensile wire braid reinforcement provides durability, kink resistance, high pressure capability and superior coupling retention, and the cover is resistant to heat, oil and weathering. Series 7204 is also designed for saturated steam applications at temperatures to 368°F (187°C) and pressures to 150 psi (10.3 bar). The tube resists popcorning and oil-based detergents and rust inhibitors found in steam systems.
Do not use for fuel dispensing or service applications requiring API, NFPA, UL, ULC or any other agency approval or listing.
Design Factor: 4:1 (10:1 steam @ 150 psi/10.3 bar)
Vacuum: Not recommended
Industry Standards: None applicable
| Tube:||Black Nitrile|
| Reinforcement:||One wire braid|
| Cover:||Black chloroprene; perforated wrapped finish|
|Temperature:||Steam: -20°F to +368°F (-29°C to +187°C) saturated steam to 150 psi max WP |
Other: -20°F to +300°F (-29°C to +149°C) / 350°F (177°C) intermittent
|Branding:||PARKER SERIES 7204 - MPW XXX PSI MAX WP (DATE CODE) MADE IN USA|
|Couplings:||Contact JGB for proper fitting recommendation and coupling procedure.|
- Failure to properly inspect, maintain, test and use steam hose assemblies may result in property damage, personal injury or death. Refer to ARPM publication IP-11-1, "Guide for Use, Testing and Inspection of Steam Hose."
- Water changes to hot water and phases of steam when subjected to heat and pressure. The greater the pressure, the higher the temperature required to achieve and maintain a steam phase. If steam escapes, dangerous quantities of heat may be released very suddenly. Exposure to hot water, low pressure steam and high pressure steam may cause severe scalding or fatal burns.
- Use only hoses designated for steam service for steam applications.
- Prior to use with detergents or rust inhibitors, contact JGB.
- Drain steam hose after each use to reduce the possibility of hose popcorning while in service.
- Couplings attached with bands or clamps may reduce the working pressure of the hose assembly to less than the maximum rated working pressure of the hose. Refer to the NAHAD Industrial Hose Assembly Guidelines.