Statement on California's Proposition 65
JGB Enterprises, Inc. is committed to conducting our business with care for the health, safety, and wellness of our customers and of the communities where we operate. As part of that commitment, we comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we market our products, including the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, enacted by the State of California in 1986 and commonly referred to as “Proposition 65”. Generally, Proposition 65 requires businesses that sell products to California consumers to warn these consumers of potential exposure to certain harmful chemicals.
What is California Proposition 65?
- Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. These chemicals can be in the products that Californians purchase, have contact with in their homes or workplaces, or are released into the environment.
- By requiring that this information be provided, Proposition 65 enables Californians to make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals.
- Proposition 65 requires California to publish a list of chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. This list, which must be updated at least once a year, has grown to include approximately 900 chemicals since it was first published in 1987.
- Proposition 65 also prohibits California businesses from knowingly discharging significant amounts of listed chemicals into sources of drinking water.
- Proposition 65 became law in November 1986, when California voters approved it by a 63 - 37 percent margin. The official name of Proposition 65 is the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986.
Where can I find out more information about Proposition 65?
The State of California provides Proposition 65 information on the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment website. Please see the links below.
Text of Proposition 65 (California Code of Regulations):
Current List of Proposition 65 Chemicals:
JGB Enterprises, Inc. will include a Proposition 65 Compliant label on all packages in one of the following formats:
Why is this label included on my products if I don't live in California?
JGB Enterprises, Inc products are sold nationwide and worldwide. It would be difficult to determine which products will ultimately be sold or brought into California. Therefore, to ensure compliance with Proposition 65 requirements, JGB Enterprises has decided to include these labels on all applicable products, regardless of where they might be purchased or sold. Our goal is to keep our customers and their customers safe.
As a distributor/rep/customer of JGB Enterprises, we are informing you of your duties under California Proposition 65.
- You must provide a copy of the warning to your customers in California. This warning can be found here: Prop65 label.
- This warning will start to appear on order acknowledgements by August 30, 2018.
- For units currently in your possession manufactured prior to August 30, 2018 please provide this warning.
- Any internet sales must also contain this warning prior to or during the course of the purchase of units.
JGB Enterprises believes the amount of one or more of these chemicals is minimal but cannot guarantee that the levels are below the limits required by the State of California. JGB Enterprises will not test the level of every chemical listed in Proposition 65 in any of the wide range of our products.
Contact JGB Enterprises with any questions or concerns in regards to our requests for additional information.
JGB Enterprises, Inc.
115 Metropolitan Drive
Liverpool, NY 13088
Phone: (315) 451-2770