||Nycoil was the inventor of the Nylon Self-Storing Air Hose in 1958 and was
granted Patent Number 3,021,871 in 1962.
It was developed as a means to transport air from overhead piping to pneumatic
tools at assembly stations while keeping the work area neat and safe.
Unlike straight hose that lays on the floor or workbench and can easily become
tangled, Self-Storing Hose retracts to keep the area clutter free.
The user can also be more productive because the hose retracts away from the
work area, giving him more clear space and freedom of movement.
Nylon is resistant to a wide variety of chemicals making it a good choice for
most industrial environments.
- Working Pressure: 160 PSI - 385 PSI (depending on the hose size)
- Recommended Working Length: 80% of material length
- Hose Sizes: ⅛" I.D. to 1- " I.D.
- Extremely light weight - considerably lighter than traditional rubber hoses
- Economizes on space - retracts to a fraction of its working length
- Highly flexible - doesn't impede tool maneuverability
- Brass reusable fittings - no ferrules or inserts that become deformed and
have to be replaced whenever fittings are installed
- Excellent memory - coils continue to retract after repeated stretching
- Resistant to many chemicals& petroleum based products - suitable for
- Less than 1% moisture absorption